We offer a range of products including devices and services (delivered via firmware, apps, websites and in other ways). As a part of creating and offering our products to you and our other customers, we collect, hold and process a variety of data, including anonymous data and personal data relating to named individuals.
The collection and processing of this data is practically and contractually necessary for us to provide the services we offer to you and which you use as part of using our products. We regard the protection and appropriate usage of this data as extremely important.
This policy sets out the way we will treat any personal data that we hold about you. This data may be provided by you to us, collected manually or automatically by us from you, generated by us about you, or collected or received by us from third parties.
We will interpret your use of our products as your acceptance of the principles we set out here.
Questions, comments or requests regarding this policy are welcome and should be directed to email@example.com.
Types of data
- Each time you use our products, we may directly or indirectly collect and hold information about you. This could include:
- Information about you personally including your name, date-of-birth, gender, physical address and any other personal identification and contact details including your email address(s), phone number(s), account logon(s), social media identifier(s), photograph(s), current location, etc.
- Information about your preferences, opinions, likes, dislikes and similar information.
- Comments, messages, reviews, images, and other information you may enter or upload into our products.
- Information about your pet(s), including their name, date of birth, sex, weight, breed, health, behaviour, location, relationships, photograph(s), and any other information about them.
- Information created, collected or derived by our products directly or indirectly as part of your ownership or use of them (including but not limited to activity and exercise data, feeding, location, health and other data that our products and services may measure, record, create, deal with or provide).
- Information about your relationships to or with others, including other members of your household, family, friends, other service providers, companies and professionals, etc who may or may not also be users of our products.
- Technical information including the type, version and unique identifier of any mobile or non-mobile devices you use to access our services, the type and version of your operating system, browser and/or other software, your current location and time zone.
- Information relating to you that we receive from other sources including our other users and business partners.
Transmission and storage of data
The data that we hold about you may be transferred to and stored at facilities inside or outside our company and within or outside our immediate control. We use data storage locations in the UK, Ireland and the Netherlands. Your data may also be processed by staff who are not directly employed by us, and who may be located elsewhere in the world.
Although we will do our best to protect the privacy of your personal data at all times by using appropriate policies, procedures and technologies, we cannot guarantee that the transmission and storage of your data is completely secure. Similarly, although we will make every effort through backups and other mechanisms to protect your data against partial or complete loss, we cannot guarantee that your data will never be lost, nor that we will always be able to retrieve it if it is lost or if you delete it.
We will offer you ways to delete your data. If you do intentionally delete your data, we will attempt to stop using it. However, it may persist in backups and other archives, and may already have been shared with others in accordance with this policy or been processed or incorporated into data sets from which it cannot easily be removed.
Use of data
We may make use of the data we hold about you (including in combination with other data we may receive from other sources) in a number of ways, including:
- To provide the products that we offer to you or our other customers, or which you or they request from us.
- To improve our products, and to develop new ones.
- To determine which of our or a third-party’s products may be of interest to you or our other customers.
- To communicate with you in respect of our existing or future products including, for example, to solicit your opinions on current or proposed product features.
- To market and promote our products to you or others.
- To calculate or otherwise automatically or manually determine derived information (including “scores”) relating to you, your dog, your behaviour and/or your use of our products.
- To provide selected third-parties with these same capabilities (including to provide their products, improve their products, develop new products, determine which products may interest you, communicate with you, market and promote their products to you and others, derive new information from your information, and share your information with others).
Disclosure of data
In the course of our business, we may share your personal data within our company for the purposes outlined above, with other companies related to ours, and with selected third-parties, including:
- Our business partners in areas including: pet insurance; pet food/ supplements/pharmaceuticals; veterinary care; retail; academic and other research.
- Those who may provide data analysis or other similar services.
- Advisors to our business.
- Our current or future investors and shareholders.
- Third parties to whom we may wish to sell our business.
In some circumstances, you may have an existing relationship with a third-party and may have consented to our sharing of your data with them as part of a service or benefit that they have provided or are providing to you. If you subsequently withdraw your consent for us to share your data with them, they may withdraw some or all of that service or benefit.
When we share your information with third-parties, they may have the right to further share it internally and externally with additional third-parties who may not be inside the EEA.
Some of our future product features may include sharing some of your personal data with other users of our products as part of their function and benefit. If and when we introduce such features, we will provide you with the ability to opt partly or completely out of this sharing.
If our company or its assets are licenced or acquired in part or whole by a third-party, data held by us and the rights and obligations contained in this policy may be part of the assets assigned and/or transferred.
Legal basis for processing
We process the data listed in “Types of Data” above on the basis that you have consented to our doing so, it is necessary to provide our service, and is in our legitimate business interests, as described in “Use of data” above.
You have the following rights in relation to our use of your personal data:
- The right of access.
- The right of rectification.
- The right of erasure.
- The right to restrict processing.
- The right to object to processing.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to withdraw consent.
You can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org at any time to exercise any of these rights. Should you choose to exercise one or more of these rights, we may for reasons of practicality be unable to continue to provide some or all of the services we have previously provided to you.
You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioner.
You also have the right to ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes.
You can contact us on email@example.com at any time to exercise this right.
As we further develop our products, we may make available further mechanisms for you to opt-out of particular ways that some or all of your personal data is held and/or used.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller registered with the ICO is Pitpatpet Ltd (company number 09199537, also known as PitPat), whose registered office is at 75 The Belvedere, Cambridge, CB2 0NU, UK. The Act gives you the right to access the data we hold about you, and you can exercise that right on request to us. Your request may be subject to a fee of £10 to cover our costs in providing the data to you.